Blog Posts:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    SteelBooks:
    FuturePaks:
    Other Metals:
    DigiBooks:
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Blu-Ray/4K UHD SteelBooks' started by Gemini-Phoenix, Dec 14, 2018.

1. PS3_Kiwi
      PS3_Kiwi
      Another one with mixed reviews. Great to look at, but not much of a story line.

I hope that they remove the text at the top of the SteelBook.
    2. PS3_Kiwi
      PS3_Kiwi
      I wish that HMV would start to ship to ROW again. I bought several of their releases in the old days. Must admit that the prices are getting up to Premium release prices. £29.99 is a bit steep, even for the best SteelBooks. And Zavvi beat that with their £32.99 price tags.
    3. Gemini-Phoenix
      Gemini-Phoenix
      I feel the opposite. I'm actually glad that they don't ship outside of the UK, which means British collectors stand more of a chance of picking up HMV exclusives several months down the line, rather than having to compete with foreign buyers. I don't feel compelled to pre-order HMV exclusives any more, because I know there are plenty available after launch.

This is one issue I have with Zavvi, where many releases will sell out quickly because of overseas collectors snapping them up before they are cleared for distribution in their country - Arrow releases being a prime example, where Americans import the British release before Arrow are ready to release a domestic US version. Disney and Marvel titles are also other good examples, where collectors from Europe import these because the SteelBook scene in their particular country may be non-existent
    4. PS3_Kiwi
      PS3_Kiwi
      I take your point G-P.

Regarding my earlier post. JB Hi-Fi in Australia/NZ are getting most of the HMV releases at a much cheaper price, but there is still the occasional release that we don't get.
    5. LWilko1982
      LWilko1982
      Release date is confirmed as 22nd of April 2019
      Gemini-Phoenix and PS3_Kiwi like this.
    6. Gemini-Phoenix
      Gemini-Phoenix
      Exclusivity and availability of this SteelBook may be subject to change over the course of the next few months due to HMV receding into administration (similar to Chapter 11) for the second time in 6 years. All SteelBook pre-orders have been ceased. Updates as and when they become available.
    7. Gemini-Phoenix
      Gemini-Phoenix