By PS3_Kiwi on Oct 23, 2018 at 1:31 AM
  1. PS3_Kiwi

PS3_Kiwi Well-Known Member Extraordinary Hunter

Blog Posts:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Before I start. Thanks to The Digital Bits for this info.

Here is an interesting collection from Disney.

Disney is releasing a massive 55-disc Disney Classics: Complete Movie Collection – 1937-2018. It includes 55 films from Snow White to Moana, nearly all on all-region Blu-ray except for Saludos Amigos (1943), The Three Caballeros (1945), Make Mine Music (1946), Melody Time (1948), and The Black Cauldron (1985), which are DVD only. The package also includes an 80-page book and an empty space to add Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018) when it’s released early next year. Note that no US release appears to be planned.

Price is a whopping £249.99 from Amazon UK. Release date is 3 December 2018.

The Disney Classics Collection

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Movie Collector's Editions' started by PS3_Kiwi, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Gemini-Phoenix
      Gemini-Phoenix
      For those who think this is too good to be true, it is! It's worth reading the small print, as several titles in this set are NOT blu-Ray discs. Disney substituted Dvd's in place of the few titles that are do far not on Blu-Ray here in the UK - The Black Cauldron being the obvious one.

20181012_164911.png

Although this set doesn't work out much cheaper than if you bought all of the standard Amaray titles individually as part of a Disney BOGOF promotion, and to be honest I would rather have them individually with slipcovers.

PS. It'scalso available from other retailers such as Zavvi, HMV, and Zoom
      assassin likes this.
    2. PS3_Kiwi
      PS3_Kiwi
      Already had the DVD info in the OP.
      assassin likes this.
    3. assassin
      assassin
      This is a pretty epic set, but I'm honestly not a fan of packaging like this with the discs in the paper slots. I always seem to get ones that have the adhesive or glue that keeps the slots sealed coming out, which then gets on the outer edge of the discs. Anyway, arguably great for Disney fans who are looking for a comprehensive collection.
      PS3_Kiwi likes this.